2017 Music Scholarship Application is now closed
This scholarship programme is part of of Regent's International School's commitment to public service. Music Scholarships can provide talented children with access to the otherwise affordable highest quality education in Thailand.
Music Scholars are known to do incredibly well at the school both academically and musically. Many of the scholars have seen successes in external music related competitions, such as the Royal Composition Arranging Competition (original news story in ไทย), and played in highly revered establishments with professional musicians at places like Carnegie Hall in New York.
Privileges of being a music scholar at Regent's:
- Participation in masterclasses with international artists
- Performances at major concert venues
- Opportunity to study IGCSE and IB Music
- World class professional musicians available for student mentoring
What are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic musicians who want to improve their music skills, contribute to the growth of orchestral music at Regent’s International School Bangkok and continue their education in an international environment.
What skills should you have?
The applicant needs to be above average in playing a musical/orchestral instrument (minimum of ABRSM Grade 4 where applicable). Singers who know how to play an instrument are also welcome to apply.
What will the audition entail?
You will need to:
- Play two contrasting pieces on your musical instrument (5-10 minutes each).
- Read and play scales in a range suitable for your instrument (incl. major and minor keys).
- Undergo an interview with the Head of Music regarding your experience and interest.
(Applicants are allowed to bring their notes. If the applicant requires an accompanist please attach a copy of the music notes with application.)
If the applicant has been granted a music scholarship he/she will be expected to:
- Perform with school orchestra, ensembles, and choir
- Perform in chamber ensembles
- Perform outside of school as required
- Take on leadership roles in musicals
- Maintain all necessary school work
- Re-audition each year to assess progress and maintain scholarship standards.
How to apply?
Along with the application form please send in samples of performances in the form of YouTube links, CD, Flashdrive, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: 02 957 5777 ext. 202
Mobile: 092 362 8888
Or contact us for more information.